POLICING ANTOINE'S BLOG
Ans. Hi, my name is Antoine Larouche, and I am studying Police Technology at Ahuntsic College, Qc, Canada. Currently beginning my second year (out of three), I have attended a couple of very interesting and relevant courses such as criminology, physical interventions-oriented physical education, first aid health care, notes taking for courting presence, etc. I planned to graduate in the spring of 2026 if I decide to complete my college years since I am waiting for an answer about my RCMP job application. The process to join the RCMP, which is the federal police service in Canada, does not require a college diploma. You only have to spend six months, during which you are paid, to receive the policeman formation. In my future career, I will face some dilemmas, such as the province/territory I would like to work in and the position I would like to apply to.
https://www.collegeahuntsic.qc.ca/programmes-dec/techniques/techniques-policieres
Here is a link to a video made by two students of the college interviewing police officers.
The-Life-of-a-Policeman
Word count: 1439
Choice count: 30
Section count: 20
Image count: 20
Error count: 1
Field Related Analysis
Education : 60 matches
(behavior, choice, classes, college, don, failed, field, first, grades, graduate, high school, learn, learned, management, options, school, second language, test, training)Police-Technology : 46 matches
(criminal, detective, detectives, firearms, investigations, jail, law, patrol, police, police forces, police officer, police raid, policeman, rcmp, right, sergeant, spvm, sq, threats)Web development : 28 matches
(behavior, drop, extend, field, hide, join, native, open, path, position, response, service, show, stop, test)Target Structure: (19 matches)
cursory (1 match)
internships (1 match)
learn the ropes (1 match)
learned the ropes (1 match)
maddening (1 match)
more often (1 match)
pull off (1 match)
purpose (1 match)
put aside (1 match)
straight a's (2 matches)
test drive (1 match)
more often than not (1 match)
thoroughly (1 match)
though (1 match)
time management (1 match)
withholding (2 matches)
withhold (1 match)
corrupted (2 matches)
threats (1 match)
The-Life-of-a-Policeman
Choose a college.
After completing high school, I have to choose a college. Many options are offered, but three suit me the best!
Choice 1 : I have chosen to study at Ahuntsic College.
Choice 2 : I choose to go to Maisonneuve College.
Choice 3 : Apply for the RCMP.
I have chosen to study at Ahuntsic College.
I spend the next three-year struggling with criminal law classes. The training is intense, and time management can be difficult. I still complete it because I learned the ropes, thanks to my older sister, who did the same training as me!
Choice 1 : Nicolet.
Choice 2 : I take a year off.
I choose to go to Maisonneuve College.
I have a hard time completing my field-related training as the college isn't as competent as it pretends to be. I decided to reorder my schedule and to extend my schooling from three to four years. It is still pretty difficult.
Choice 1 : I drop out of college.
Choice 2 : I work harder than ever.
Nicolet.
I choose to go to Nicolet right now. It is so much easier than people tend to say! I get straight A's almost anywhere. The efforts I put into the work I did made me pull off those kinds of grades. I graduate from Nicolet and look out for the police service I want to join.
Choice 1 : I decide to join the SQ instead of the SPVM.
Choice 2 : I join the SPVM.
Apply for the RCMP.
College seems like a waste of time for me, so I decide to join the RCMP. It is also my dream job since I was seven years old! I can even participate in one of the multiple internships that they offer.
Choice 1 : Regular police officer.
Choice 2 : Emergency Response Team member.
I take a year off.
During my year off, I choose to work for a small company. I did not test drive the job as it is only temporary. The job is cursory; it won't help me for my future career as a police officer. The only purpose of this year off is to get money to pay for Nicolet because it costs a lot.
Choice 1 : Nicolet.
I join the SPVM.
I now work for the SPVM. More often than not, police officers start their career as patrolling officers and later become special investigators. Whichever path I choose, I heard that I must not withhold any information as my teammates and I can be in serious danger if I do so.
Choice 1 : Withholding.
Choice 2 : Honesty.
I decide to join the SQ instead of the SPVM.
They decide to send me into a small town up north. I enjoy the people there, and I become one of the greatest policemen ever! I retire at the age of 50 and move to the United States, where I open a mechanic garage and work of my passion.
Choice 1 : Retiring. Go back to the beginning of the story.
I drop out of college.
I decided to drop out of school as it wasn't really my cup of tea. I started to drink a lot more alcohol than what I used to. I put aside all my good habits and sold my house to buy more alcohol, abandoned my friends, and even left my family. A couple years later, due to liver disease, I died.
Choice 1 : Go back to the beginning of the story.
I work harder than ever.
I should've gone to Ahuntsic College. It is so much more difficult in Maisonneuve as they are less competent. It was so maddening when I failed exams or projects, so I decided to put more effort into my day-to-day tasks, and it paid off. I was working more thoroughly than ever. I was now pulling straight A's like I used to!
Choice 1 : Nicolet.
Regular police officer.
I decided to join the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), and I want to become a regular policeman. After six months of training, I still have 2 years of on-the-job training to receive with a more experienced member. In Depot, where I spend 6 months, I learn the ins and outs of the job. Now, I need to choose where I will work for the beginning of my career.
Choice 1 : Stay in Quebec.
Choice 2 : Travelling to Alberta.
Emergency Response Team member.
After many years of working as a regular police officer, I am offered another position, which I can't refuse. I am now a part of the ERT, one of the most specialized police forces in the world. Our faces are blurred on the pictures to protect our identity! It is how crazy it is! It has always been my biggest dream, and I finally succeeded! I'm so proud of myself.
Choice 1 : Go back to the beginning of the story.
Withholding.
Among the SPVM, I choose to hide important information. Even though one of the detectives recommended that I stop doing it, I continued regardless of the consequences. The next Monday, the sergeant convicted me in his office and fired me. It was apparently not a good behavior to have in this career.
Choice 1 : Go back to the beginning of the story.
Honesty.
I act with honesty with my coworkers because it is mandatory to complete our tasks. I am the most honest person at the PDQ 21. After 25 years of loyal service, I can finally retire. I chose to move to California as the weather is hotter than here, and I don't like being cold.
Choice 1 : Go back to the beginning of the story.
Stay in Quebec.
To learn the ropes easily, I decide to stay in my native province. It is obviously less difficult to start a new job in my first language than it would be in my second. I can keep all my good habits, and I continue to visit my family regularly. I start up as an assistant detective, and I investigate greater security threats than other police services in Canada. After five years of loyal service, I can choose to be assigned new tasks or keep the ones I already have.
Choice 1 : I keep my current position.
Choice 2 : Canadian Border Patrol Agent.
Travelling to Alberta.
I want to face challenges during my career, so I start working in Alberta. It's a province where the only language spoken is English, which is my second language. Obviously, I will need to accommodate my new environment and language, but I think it is worth it. You should see those mountains and those lakes! Here, I work as a regular police officer like I would in the SQ. However, I can ski eight months a year because the weather is colder! After many years, I can finally retire.
Choice 1 : Retiring. Go back to the beginning of the story.
I keep my current position.
I fell in love with special investigations, and after a couple years of hard work, I become a real detective. While investigating the Hells Angels, I planned a police raid. God knows how; they were informed that we were coming, so they were prepared for our arrival... When I arrived with the ERT members, gunshots flew everywhere. A bullet hit me in the stomach, and I died on my way to the hospital.
Choice 1 : I died. Go back to the beginning of the story.
Canadian Border Patrol Agent.
Max, my police dog, and I search vehicles for drugs, firearms, or any other illegal products that might enter the Canadian territory. The first three years go on without any pitfall. On a regular Tuesday afternoon, someone approached me.
Choice 1 : Excuse-me! Where are the bathrooms?
Choice 2 : Corrupted file.
Excuse-me! Where are the bathrooms?
I show him where they are located, and he thanks me. A big explosion occurs. I die bleeding... Then, I wake up from a long and intense night.
Choice 1 : Start again. Go back to the beginning!
Corrupted file.
He comes closer to me and hands me a lot of money. More than I have ever seen! In exchange, I only need to let him cross the border with his suitcase filled with drugs. I accept the deal! Later that day, my supervisor calls me on the intercom. He fires me immediately, and I am escorted by the cops. They put me in jail for the next five years.
Choice 1 : Go back to the beginning of the story.

.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment